How to Install Configure Hudson CI Tool
Here we will see one of the most important software development related tool.Hudson is a continuous integration (CI) tool written in Java, which runs in a servlet container, such as Apache Tomcat or the Glass Fish application server.I am using this tool for my project.It supports CVS, Subversion, Git and Clearcase,SCM tools.
Check the following document it will explain how to install and configure Hudson CI tool in windows platform and how to integrate this tool with clearcase.
Hudson CI standalone installation in Windows:
1.) Download Hudson.war from http://hudson-ci.org/
2.) Create Hudson home directory to store the Hudson configuration files.
3.) Set the HUDSON_HOME environment variable to the directory which is created in step-2.
- mkdir D:\Hudson_Home
- set HUDSON_HOME=D:\Hudson_Home
4.) Execute the following command to start Hudson.
- java -jar -Dhttp.proxyHost=”xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 hudson-1.396.war
- In the above command the http.proxyHost and http.proxyPort are required if you are running Hudson behind proxy.
- proxyHost : Is the IP address of your proxy server
- proxyPort : Is the port number of proxy server
5.) Launch the Hudson client in the browser with the URL : http://localhost:8080/ and you are able to see the following screen then the installation is successful.
Figure 1:Hudson Home
- Click on ‘Manage Hudson’ and see the following screen.
Figure 2 : Manage Hudson
- Click on ‘Configure System’ from the above list of options and Configure JDK and Ant and Clearcase client path.
Figure 3: Global Settings
Note: Clearcase plug-in for Hudson is to be installed before configuring the clearcase.
Installation of Plug-ins for Hudson:
- Click on ‘Manage Plug-ins’ option from the list of options available in Figure-2 and you will see the following screen.
Figure 4 : Plug-ins
- This screen shows the following four tabs:
- Updates : displays any updated versions of already installed plug-ins
- Available: displays list of plug-ins available for Hudson.
- Installed: Shows the list of plug-ins already installed.
- Advanced: To configure proxy settings to download plug-ins.
- Click on ‘Available’ tab and search for Clearcase plug-in,PMD plugin and select the checkbox.
Figure 5: Plug-ins Installation
- Click on the install button available in the right-bottom of the screen and the plug-ins will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Restart the Hudson server to take effect of the newly installed plug-ins.
Create new Job in Hudson.
- From the Hudson home page click on ‘New Job’
Figure 6:New Job
- The following screen will be displayed.
Figure 7: New Job Creation
- Give the new job name and select ‘Build a free-style software project’ and click ‘Ok’ button to create the job.
- On configuring the job with above settings, Click on save button.
- To Run the job click on ‘Build Now’ button.
For Further Screens I have uploaded this document to Scribd site.Please check it using below URL.