Exo IDE Features
- Build in the Cloud.
- Debugging mode option.
- Run your code in our development PaaS before deploying to your production environment.
- Easy sharing to team members.
- You can easily deploy app to Cloud Services Providers like Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, Appfog, CloudBees, Cloud Foundry, Google App Engine, Heroku and Openshift.
- Code Analysis.
- Refactoring Support.
- JRebel Support - instantly see any code change made to an app without redeploying.
- Different Technologies Support – We can choose what we want.
- Package View.
- We can also publish JAR Files.
- Maven Support.
- Git and Github Integration.
Some most popular companies like Amazon, Cisco, google, oracle, vmware, NASA, Intel, hsbc, American express, Ericson are already using this IDE. If you have Google or Github Account then you can start immediately.
I tried a sample application using this IDE it’s really nice. Following are common steps involved in developing and deploying application in cloud platform using Exo-IDE. If you are familiar with IDE like eclipse then following will be easy for you.
I used Appfog PAAS account. Appfog credential is needed when creating the project. I think it’s asking some credentials when choosing PAAS.
You can login using Google or Github Account.
Create Project by choosing Technology and PAAS platform.
Create or Upload required class files for your application and upload lib files.
Build and Run the application.
Find the deployed the application in the mentioned URL.
You can also import projects from Github and also manage created application in corresponding PAAS service provider website. Clarify your doubts using documentation, tutorials and forum support.
We will share some about this IDE in upcoming posts. Also check post about How to deploy WAR file in Appfog.