Android relies on Linux version 2.6 for core system services such as security, memory management, process management, network stack, and driver model.software for mobile devices,middleware and key applications. ¬†Android SDK provides the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform using the Java programming language.
Features ¬†of Android Phones
- Runs on Linux Kernel OS
- Support both physical and virtual keyboards
- Comes with preloaded five bundled Home screen widgets such as analog clock, calendar, music player, picture frame and search and also supports third-party widgets
- Comes with Live Folders preset on your Home screen that provide quick, convenient access to your contacts, stocks, bookmarks, etc
- Feature to record and share video
- Support for Picasa image uploading
- Comes with mobile standard compliant faster Browser
- Support of voice recognition technology turns audio into a regular text search and passes it to the Google search engine
- Stereo Bluetooth and hands-free calls
- faster camera start-up and image capture
- Support for GPS Technology
- Automatically checks and repairs the file system on SD cards and allows third-party apps to indicate what hardware features they require in order to function properly.
- Comes with preinstalled GMail Client and shows contact status.
- Support for Call between Google Talk contacts.